Department of Pharmaceutics
Pharmaceutics is the discipline of pharmacy that deals with all facets of the process of turning a new chemical entity into a medication able to be safely and effectively used by patients. It is the science of dosage form design. With all the necessary infrastructural facility and experienced faculty, department of pharmaceutics is actively engaged in the teaching and research of different subject areas of pharmaceutics like pharmaceutical technology, biopharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, physical pharmaceutics, industrial pharmacy and drug delivery system.
Microsponge, Niosomes, Self Microemulsifying drug delivery system,Fast Disoolving tablets, Sustained release formulations,nanoparticles, solubility enhancement,Preformulation studies,Physics of tablet, noel dosage forms.
Research publications: More than 120 publications in national and international peer reviewed journals.
Conference and seminar attended: 50
1) Savitribai Phule Pune University sponsored Two days National Conference on Role of Technology Transfer in Pharmaceutical Industry on 21st and 22nd October 2016l
1. Savitribai Phule Pune University sponsored Research Grant on, "Development and Optimization of Nasal Niosomes using Quality by design for its cerebroprotective activity" of Rs. 2,20,000/- (Completed)
2. Savitribai Phule Pune University sponsored Research Grant on, “Development and evaluation of Polymeric Microsponge drug delivery System” of Rs. 2,20,000/- (Completed)
3) Savitribai Phule Pune University sponsored Research Grant on, "Development and Optimization of Solid Lipid nanoparticles for topical delivery" of Rs. 1,00,000/- (Ongoing)
4) Savitribai Phule Pune University sponsored Research Grant on, "Development and evaluation of Polymeric micellar drug delivery System" of Rs. 75,000/- (Ongoing)
Benediction from the HOD
DR. (MRS.) SHILPA P. CHAUDHARI
Associate Professor & HOD
Welcome to Department of Pharmaceutics. It consists of three spacious laboratories and one instrument room. Department also comprises of Industrial Pharmacy Laboratory and Aseptic Room. Department contains various sophisticated instruments like rotary tablet compression machine, R & D coater, Digital tablet dissolution test apparatus, Brookfield Viscometer etc. Departmental Library facility is available for the students.
Alongwith UG course, department also have PG course in Pharmaceutics (M. Pharm.). It consists of research laboratory and instrument room. Various research activities related to development and evaluation of novel drug delivery system, modified drug delivery system is carried out in the department. It contains various sophisticated instruments. Laboratories are designed to meet GMP requirements.
About DR. (MRS.) SHILPA P. CHAUDHARI
Dr. Mr. Paresh R. Mahaparale, born on 8th January 1977, completed his Graduation from Govt. College of Pharmacy, Karad (M.S.) and Post Graduation from NDMVP Samaj’s College of Pharmacy, Nashik (M. S.) and has been awarded Doctoral Degree from Shivaji University, Kolhapur (M. S.). He has total 15 years of teaching and 5 years of research experience. He is recognized P.G. teacher in Pharmaceutics by Savitribai Phule Pune University. He is actively involved in the field of research. The research areas of his interest include fast Dissolviing, pulsatile, gastroretentive, colon targeted, self microemulsifying, trasdermal drug delivery system. He has received research grant of Rs. 2.00 Lakhs from Savitribai Phule Pune University. He has received best research paper award from Indian Drug Manufacturers Association for his research paper in Indian Drugs.
He has published more than 30 research papers in National & International Journals and participated in many conferences in various institutes/Universities in India. He is a life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI).