Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Pharmaceutical chemistry is interdisciplinary science that deals with the designing, synthesis, identification, developing and analyzing New Chemical Entity (NCE). This study helps to understand mechanism of action of drug at molecular level. Modern approaches like quantitative structure activity relationship, computer aided drug design, High performance liquid chromatography, Gas chromatography, UV spectroscopy, Infrared spectroscopy etc. are used to study the chemical nature of drugs. The students are well prepared with the application of modern information and scientific technologies in drug development safety and efficacy studies. The department is well equipped with necessary apparatus and instruments in different chemicals aspect of drugs like physical, analytical, organic, inorganic, biochemical, medicinal etc. There are well equipped laboratories for undergraduate students and research labs for postgraduate students. Well qualified and experienced staff is the highlight of this department
Drug Design, QSAR study, Synthesis of different drugs, Phytochemistry, Pro drug Delivery System, Analytical method development and validation of different drugs etc.
Research publications: More than 120 publications in national and international peer reviewed journals.
Conference and seminar attended: 50
1) University sponsored State level seminar on “Recent Trends in Advanced Analytical Techniques”.
2) SavitribaiPhule Pune University sponsored two days National level seminar on “Recent Trends in Drug Discovery.”
3) SavitribaiPhule Pune University sponsored two days National conference on “Recent Trends of Quality Assurance in Pharmaceutical Industry.”
4) SavitribaiPhule Pune University sponsored one day seminar on “Green Chemistry: A Real Time Analysis.”
5) SavitribaiPhule Pune University sponsored one day National Seminar on“Recent Advances in Impurity Profiling Certificates.”
6) SavitribaiPhule Pune University sponsored two day National conference on“Art of Scientific writing and publication/ Role of Research Proposal in Scientific Investigations
1) University of Pune sponsored Research Grant on “A Rational approach of design an Ant influenza Drug” of Rs.2,00,000/- (2007-2009).
2) University of Pune sponsored Research Grant on “Analytical method development and validation for some drugs by RP-HPLC” of Rs.2,15,000/- (2012-2014).
3) SavitribaiPhule Pune University sponsored Research Grant on “Formulation estimation of flavonoids and polyphenolics from polyherbal formulation” of Rs.2,00,000/- (2019-2021).
4) SavitribaiPhule Pune University sponsored Research Grant on “Microwave-assisted synthesis, characterization and evaluation of Thiadiazole Derivatives using Docking studies” of Rs.2,50,000/- (2019-2021).
DR. (MRS.) S. P. MAHAPARALE
Welcome to Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry. It consists of three spacious laboratories and one instrument room. The Department consists of various sophisticated instruments like Double Beam UV- Visible Spectrophotometer Shimadzu and Lab India, High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Electronic Balance, Rotary Vaccum Evaporator, Meting Point Apparatus, Ice Making Machine, Microwave Oven, Digital pH meter, Flame Photometer etc. Departmental Library facility is available for the students.
The department have PG course in Quality Assurance Techniques (M. Pharm.) Various research activities are conducted in the department related to analyical and bioanalytical method development and validation, Impurity Profiling, Identification of degradation products and development and evaluation of novel drug delivery system etc.
ABOUT DR. (MRS.) S. P. MAHAPARALE
Dr. (Mrs.) Sonali P. Mahaparale, born on 18th December 1977, completed her Graduation from Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Pharmacy, Kolhapur and Post Graduation from Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Pimpri, Pune and has been awarded Doctoral Degree from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur, A. P. She has total 11 years of teaching & 06 years of research experience. She is recognized P.G. teacher in Pharmaceutical Chemistry by Savitribai Phule Pune University. She is actively involved in the field of research. The research areas of her interest include analyical and bioanalytical method development and validation, Impurity Profiling, development and validation of stability indicating HPLC, HPTLC and LC-MS methods. Apart from academic activities, she is involved in other aspects of development of department.
She has published more than 35 research papers in national and international journals and participated in national and international conferences in various Institutes/Universities in India. She is a life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI).
Our department is striving hard towards the goal of providing innovative and quality education for students to achieve academic excellence. Our motto being to upgrade the skills and knowledge of our students to enable them to survive best in the best competitive world.